Wednesday 2 November 2011

Vegan/Vegetarian Restaurants in Montreal

Hey everyone! Hope you guys had a great halloween! what did you dress up as?

Sorry for my lack of posting the past two days... school assignments caught up on me and so I was hiding in the library studying.

If you don't know I have entered Suki in the Fido Casting Call contest and recently she has been stuck in the 600's so please go vote for her here: http://www.fidocastingcall.ca/dogs/16125 and spread the word!!! (NOTE: even if you have previously voted you can go vote again, its a daily thing)



I was recently asked what are some good vegan/vegetarian restaurants in Montreal so I thought for this post I would let you know about all the places I have been and if I am missing any that you liked and think I should check out please let me know!

Aux Vivres
x
Location: 4631 Blvd. St-Laurent
What it is: Vegan Restaurant, juice bar, and express lunch
What to get: I am more of a salad person when I go out to eat so I liked the salad du jardin with tofu but my friend who went with me loved their brunch menu which is served on the weekend from 11am - 4 pm.
Highlight: Their smoothies!!!
website: http://www.auxvivres.com/en/home/

ChuChai
Crispy duck
Location: 4094 Rue St-Denis
What it is: Thai vegan and vegetarian food, can order take out.
What to get: Appetizer wise there is a dish that won awards and you just mention it to them and they know what you want (sorry I can never remember the name), for the main you HAVE to try the crispy 'duck' served on a bed of spinach in a soya reduction.
Highlight: By far the Duck!


Lola Rosa Cafe

Location: 545 Rue Milton
What it is: a vegan/vegetarian bistro type restaurant situated in the student ghetto. at the tables there are little drawers you can pull out and read notes people left.
What to get: I like the salad (without feta), and my roommate likes the burrito/enchilada. 
Highlight: the atmosphere


Commensal

Location: 1204 McGill College Ave
What it is: buffet style vegan/vegetarian express food
What to get: a little bit of everything!
Highlight: during the lunch hour you cannot exceed a certain price (I think its $12) so pile it on!


Crudessence


Location: 105 Rue Rachel Ouest
What it is: Raw food restaurant (if you don't know what this is don't worry I'm going to blog about it in my next post!)
What to get: everything is good!
Highlight: the smoothies/ juices


Bombay Mahal
Vegetarian
Location: 1001 Rue Jean-Talon Ouest
What it is: Best Authentic (and inexpensive) Indian Food
What to get: the staff is very helpful and can give you recommendations. (anything on the vegetarian menu is simply amazing but watch out if you are spice sensitive because this food has kick!)
Highlight: Aloo Gobi

Now go, try, enjoy, and let me know what you thought of them!

3 comments:

  1. You should try the BLT at Aux Vivres, it is DIVINE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I'll order it next time I'm there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! Now I know where to go for the good stuff! I checked out Crudessance on your recommendation and I can't wait for more :D

    ReplyDelete