Hi everyone! so as promised I am keeping up with updating my blog and informing you of all the yummy recipes that my roommate and I have been cooking up for ourselves and friends. Trust me this is a recipe that you want to try! It is first time non-vegan friendly and remade by all who have tried it so it's about time to blog it to the world!
2 big handfuls baby spinach
1.5 jar enchilada sauce or pasta sauce
2 bell peppers, colours of your choice (I used yellow)
1 large zucchini, chopped
2 medium onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic
2 tbs mild chili powder
2 chili peppers
1/4 tsp sea salt, to taste
3 tbs nutritional yeast
1/2 lime juiced (optional)
2 cans cooked black beans, rinsed and drained
whole grain tortillas (I made 10 and used ezekiel sprouted grain tortillas)
Vegan cheeze sauce for the topping: (1/4 cup hummus, 4 tsp or a bit more milk, 3 tsp nutritional yeast)
1) Preheat oven to 350F.
2) Throw chopped onion into a large pot and heat until caramelized, stirring frequently for about 5 minutes on medium heat.
3) Add in the chopped pepper, zucchini, beans, garlic and spinach and cook another few minutes until the spinach wilts.
4) Add in the pasta or enchilada sauce, nutritional yeast, sea salt, chili powder, and optional lime juice and stir very well. 5) Cook for about 3-4 minutes on medium heat. Take a baking dish and pour about 1/2 of pasta or enchilada sauce onto bottom of dish.
6) Now take the tortillas and fill with mixture. Wrap tortillas and place into dish, fold side down. Cover the tortillas with the remaining enchilada veggie/bean mixture and place into the oven uncovered at 350F for about 18-20 minutes.
7) While it is cooking prepare the vegan cheeze sauce and then drizzle it over the enchiladas before serving.
And as for you who are interested in our little animal clan they all say Hi!
P.S. we are having freezer trouble (part of having an old fridge)... here's our problem:
anyone know/ have any ideas how to fix it?