Friday 11 November 2011

Cookies!

Hello everyone! I know that everyone else out there is getting into the christmas season (I mean just walking along Saint Catherine's the street store fronts just scream "BUY PRESENTS FOR EVERYONE SO YOU DONT GET STUCK SCRAMBLING AT THE LAST MINUTE, like you did last year"!!!!!) right? But for some reason I can't get pumpkin off my mind!


I don't know why... maybe it's a childhood thing... but when the leaves start to change colours and the temperature starts to drop I think 'now I can start baking and cooking with pumpkin again!' (until the first snowfall and then its all gingersnap, cinnamon, and nutmeg.)


So I bring you Chocolate Pumpkin Cookies (while pumpkin is still on my mind)


Ingredients
1 cup of canned pumpkin
1 cup of natural sugar (or just white sugar)
1/2 cup of apple sauce
1 "egg" (I made a flax egg, which is 1 tablespoon ground flaxseeds, and 3 tablespoons water)
2 cups whole wheat flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon each of nutmeg, and allspice
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1 teaspoon of almond milk
1 Tablespoon of vanilla extract
2 cups of carob chips (vegan chocolate chips)

Directions
  1. Combine pumpkin, sugar, apple sauce, and 'egg'. In a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, spices, and salt. Dissolve the baking soda with the 'milk' and stir in. Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture and mix well.
  2. Add vanilla, and carob chips.
  3. Drop by spoonful on greased cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for approximately 8-10 minutes or until lightly brown.
  4. ENJOY!!!!



P.S. Please go vote for Suki at http://www.fidocastingcall.ca/dogs/16125 and tell others to do so as well!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment