Tuesday 29 November 2011

Sweet and Savoury Lentil Cranberry Salad

Hey everyone! So this is my last full week of classes this semester! (That went by fast) so I will not be blogging from December 12th-15th due to a hectic exam schedule but other than that I will follow my regular schedule of posting on Tuesdays and Fridays so come back here on Friday!)

Now onto the recipe...

Sweet and Savoury Lentil Cranberry Salad
I forgot to take a picture so this is what it looked like (pic from google... click on pic for link)
Ingredients
1/2 cup green lentils
2/3 cup red lentils
2 1/2 cup water
1/4 cup chopped/sliced almonds
1/3 cup dried cranberries (I threw in a little extra :) )
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp fresh parsley
1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
juice of 1 small lemon
1 tsp salt

Directions
1. Place lentils and water in pot and bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover pot with lid, and simmer for 30 mins. (Or you can take the easy way out and used canned lentils)
2. Pour lentils into strainer and rinse with cold water.
3. Add all the remaining above ingredients into a bowl/container, add the lentils, mix to combine.
4. ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment